UPDATE: If you’re wanting the Spec 2008 studies see here.
Here I will try to collate all of the full text original articles for the 20 core studies in the AS course. If you know where I can find a publicly available copy of any of the missing ones please let me know. :)
This is a work in progress ;)
Bandura, A., Ross, D. & Ross, S.A.(1961) Transmission of aggression through imitation of aggressive models. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 63, 575-82
Baron-Cohen, S., Leslie, A.M., & Frith, U. (1985) Does the autistic child have a â€˜theory of mindâ€™? Cognition, 21, 37-46
Dement, W. & Kleitman, N. (1957) The relation of eye movements during sleep to dream activity: An objective method for the study of dreaming. Journal of Experimental Psychology, 53, 339-46
Deregowski, J.B. (1972) Pictorial perception and culture. Scientific American, 227, 82-88.
Freud, S. (1909) Analysis of a phobia of a five year old boy. In The Pelican Freud Library (1977), Vol 8, Case Histories 1, pages 169-306
Gardner, R.A. & Gardner, B.T. (1969). Teaching sign language to a chimpanzee. Science, 165, 664-72
Gould, S.J. (1982) A nation of morons. New Scientist (6 May 1982), 349 â€“ 52
Haney, C., Banks, W.C. & Zimbardo, P.G. (1973) A study of prisoners and guards in a simulated prison. Naval Research Review, 30, 4-17.
Hodges, J. & Tizard, B. (1989b) Social and family relationships of ex-institutional adolescents. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 30, 77-97.
[ holah | full text | author page ]
Hraba, J. & Grant, G. (1970) Black is beautiful: A re-examination of racial preference and identification. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 16, 398-402
Loftus, E.F. & Palmer, J.C. (1974) Reconstruction of auto-mobile destruction: An example of the interaction between language and memory. Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behaviour, 13, 585 â€“589
Milgram. S (1963) Behavioural Study of Obedience. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 67, 371-78.
Piliavin, I.M., Rodin, J.A. & Piliavin, J. (1969) Good Samaritanism: An underground phenomenon? Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 13, 289 -99
Raine, A, Buchsbaum, M & LaCasse, L. (1997) Brain abnormalities in murderers indicated by positron emission tomography. Biological Psychiatry, 42 (6), 495 â€“ 508
Rosenhan, D.L. (1973) On being sane in insane places. Science, 179. 250-58
Samuel, J. & Bryant, P. (1984) Asking only one question in the conservation experiment. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 25, 315-18.
[ holah | full text | author page ]
Schachter, S & Singer, J.E. (1962) Cognitive, social and physiological determinants of emotional state. Psychological Review, 69, 379-99.
Sperry, R.W. (1968) Hemisphere deconnection and unity in consciousness. American Psychologist, 23, 723-33.
Tajfel, H. (1970) Experiments in intergroup discrimination. Scientific American, 223, 96-102
Thigpen, C.H. & Cleckley, H. (1954) A case of multiple personality. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 49, 135-51.
- 17th April 07 – Added link to Gould full text.
- 21st April 07 – Added link to Rosenhan PDF (thanks Mark)
- 5th May 07 – Added links to Zimbardo cover page and a copy of the original NYT’s article (thanks go out to Richard Tweedie). Also, he points out that: “…all references (including all the exam specifications) appear to have the reference incorrect (as pp4-17 Volume 30 cf the correct designation as pp1-17 Volume 26).”
- 11th May 07 – Added links to Thigpen& Cleckely, and Dement & Kleitman studies. Again thanks go to Richard Tweedie for sending them all the way from NZ.
- 11th May 07 (busy day) – Added link to Gardner and Gardner full text article – thanks to Lynne this time :)
- 12th May 07 – Loads of additions and updates.
- 17th July 07 – Updated Piliavin, Bandura & Sperry studies to clearer versions – thanks to Mark S. for that.