I’m a bit of a statistics anorak but a new series of “Introduction to Statistics” posts over at Mixing Memory caught my eye. It’s an excellent introduction into statistics, especially for any teachers who are a little rusty. I think that some of it might be a little too heavy for A-Level students but overall it’s an excellent summary of basic statistics for teachers and undergrads alike.
The series is broken down into 5 (well at least at the moment) posts:
- The Basics of Statistics I: The Normal Distribution
- The Basics of Statistics II: Standardized Normal Distribution and Z-Scores
- The Basics of Statistics III: Samples, Sampling Distributions, and t Distributions
- The Basics of Statistics IV: Confidence Intervals
- The Basics of Statistics V: A Quick Example